Sunday, August 7, 2011

Focus, You Dicks!

Sunday nights were "Movie Nights" in Baldwin Hall Theater at Northeast Mo. St. Univ. where I attended in the wee '80s and "Focus you Dicks!" was shouted at the beginning of every film regardless of the actual picture quality. It was a tradition. I think of that phrase when I look at the content of my sketchbooks. The range is baffling; grimacing superheroes, figure studies, tepid landscapes, and of course juvenile fantasies involving scantily clad babes with weapons.
I mean, really, how does one remember to bring their sword, shield, knife and boots and forget ones' bra?
I shudder to think what would happen if I narrowed my sights a little. On the other hand, the next sparkly thing that captures my attention could just be the ticket to success, my final leap home, as it were!

No comments:

Post a Comment